Thursday, April 2, 2009

UFOs ! (aka. unfinished objects)

I promised myself when I started this new blog that I would keep it up to date .  I thought I would make at least one post a day and have fantastic photos to accompany the posts.  Well, that hasn't happened yet.  Mostly because my photos are on the PC downstairs and I have been spending most of my time up here on the laptop.  I really need to coordinate this.  

Let me just apologize for the lack of interesting content to date and try to make up for it by discussing some current projects I am working on or that I still have floating around in my head.

The main thing on my mind right now is Easter.  
I love Easter almost as much as Christmas, but I like Spring better than Winter, so Easter wins out.  I love the colors of Easter, which are soft and fluffy( like a bunny or baby chick perhaps?).  
I also think of the fresh green of Spring during Easter.  Easter never held much religious meaning to me, though I was raised a Christian, I think of Easter as more of a time of renewal, which I suppose is the point of the Resurrection story.   Hmmmm....

So what does all of this have to do with my projects?  Well first, I did clean up my studio/laundry room so that it's easier for me to work.  Second, it means I am working on some tiny bunnies as gifts.  Mostly for my nieces, nephews and my two kids.  
I follow several artsy/crafty blogs and one of my favorites is this .  I love her work and she has the cutest patterns.  The tiny bunnies are a free pattern which is even better.  
I have the bodies knitted and several limbs done, but have a lot of work ahead, so I'll post some pics later.

Another project I have on the table is a quilt I started for my daughter Sophie.  I bought the pattern and fabrics way back when she was about 2 months old.  I got the top pieced pretty quickly, but I only just got the batting and backing basted to the top.  I stopped there, because I am not sure how I want to quilt it, though I know I will do it on the machine.
I have only completed one quilt before.  Shocking I'm sure!  It was a butterfly quilt that I made for my niece, the first Snider-girl born at the time.  Her birthday is the day before mine as well, so I wanted to make her something special.  It wasn't perfect I know, but I was pretty proud of it.  I now need to just sit at the machine and start quilting I guess.  I had told myself to get it done before Easter, so we'll see.
Jarred also has a quilt started.  His will take much longer as there is a lot of handwork in the design.  I hope he won't grow out of the design before I can complete it! 

I also have to make a list of five different projects for my Facebook friends.  I posted "First Five to Respond" about a week ago, because it looked really cool.  Pay it forward and give a chance to give my friends some loverly handmade goodies.  I have really been trying to come up with some cool things to make, not just what I like, but what the person in mind would like too.  Something that reflects their personality, as I know it. I haven't seen most of them in over 15 years!  It does make me a bit nervous though.  I have the fear that I think I am better at what I do than I really am.  I try not to let that get in the way though.   
So far I think I have some pretty cool stuff in mind.  We'll see how my hands implement my ideas.
Get to Work Hands!!

 


1 comment:

  1. Danna,

    It's not boring if it is YOUR thoughts and musings. Some people don't like to read blogs, let them go read the newspaper. I, for one, find blogs extremely interesting! I hope you are able to keep up with it.

    Those bunnies are INCREDIBLY cute!!! If I was any good at crafting, I would so make them!

    ReplyDelete