Monday, October 5, 2009

Halloween Fun!


My big Brother and I at Halloween 1980something.





When I was little my big brother and I decided one Halloween to have a costume party. We planned for weeks how to decorate, what food to have and especially what costumes we would wear.
I believe I decided to be an Egyptian princess. ( I'm not wearing the mask in the picture) Jason was a vampire. Very scary.
My Mother and Father encouraged us to plan the party, but they came up with a recipe for a drink that was the perfect addition to our party must haves; home made Root Beer.

Here's the recipe for party size amount..... :)

5 lbs sugar
5 gallons water
5 lbs food grade dry ice
2oz Root Beer flavor (extract)

Combine the water, sugar, and extract. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the dry ice in medium size pieces just before guests arrive.
The liquid will bubble and fog will form for the best Halloween party effect.

You must be very careful handling the dry ice! Wear work gloves and use an ice pick to chop it into manageable amounts. Make sure when you serve the Root Beer that you do not put the ice into the cups. Dry ice can cause frost bite very quickly so please be careful!

This sounds difficult, but with knowledge about the ice it is easy and is a great effect for a party also it's so yummy to drink.
BTW this is not a carbonated drink, just very tasty.

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment